Open Office 3.1 for Mac OS X and Windows

SignWriting signwriting at MAC.COM
Wed Aug 12 20:27:02 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
August 12, 2009

Hello Trevor!
Thanks sooo much for this explanation...you are right...OpenOffice.org
is totally new to me. I rarely use Microsoft Office anyway, so you can
see I don't even know the correct names for anything! Ha!

I personally manage very well with the Mac's Text Edit program, that
can create the unique rtfd format for the Mac, which is a simple way
to get both text and drag and drop graphics into one simple file. Then
I create a PDF from that and then everyone can read the PDF...

And then I use Adobe InDesign for large book layout...

But we all have to open other people's files from time to time, so I
really appreciate this information...and I will recommend
OpenOffice.org to people now...it may change my work habits if it is
easier to use than Microsoft Office...which is also a wonderful
program and we are lucky to have it...I just haven't learned it well,
that's all...

it sounds like OpenOffice.org it is a success story and how fortunate
we all are to have a free program like that...the open source
community is really doing good for the world...

Keep me posted...does anyone have templates for SignWriting Literature
created in OpenOffice? If not, later I can try to create some based on
the SW 4-column layout...

Val ;-)

-------