SSW presentation at American Anthropological Association

Erika Hoffmann erhoffma at OBERLIN.EDU
Wed Dec 9 18:40:59 UTC 2009

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I presented last weekend at the
American Anthropological Association, on a panel called Language
Ideologies and Writing Systems. The paper was well received and I've
been asked to submit to present a longer version at the Deaf Studies
Today conference in Utah (are any of you thinking of going?). I also
will be working to expand the piece into an article for an academic
journal.
Thanks to you all for your help - I'll be sure to send you the piece
once it's polished up.
Also, I wanted to send along a call for papers for a really
interesting conference: MOBILITY LANGUAGE LITERACY: An international
conference examining transnational, translocal and global flows of
people, language and literacy through the lens of social practice -
Cape Town January 2011.
I definitely want to submit an abstract to present. Would anyone be
interested in working together to submit a whole SSW panel?
Best,
Erika