ISWA 2008 and SWML

SignWriting signwriting at MAC.COM
Mon Dec 28 16:29:42 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
December 28, 2009

Not at all, Steve...I didn't even notice that and we all knew what you
meant - your message was excellent...

I really learned something from your message....since it brings up the
fact that there are some SignWriting writing rules that are related to
writing in vertical columns, such as the Punctuation in the Center
Lane, that has no connection to any grammar within any one sign
language, but is a generic SignWriting writing convention.

So there are SignWriting writing conventions, relating to documents in
general, and then there is the specific grammar of each sign language,
having nothing to do with SignWriting per se...

That is a very good point and it needs to better documented on my
end...there is also a need for better descriptions and documentation
on SignSpelling Sequences, that was so well discussed a month ago on
the List...so in 2010 we need to document very well, these differences
and give researchers the information they need...

Thank you for the discussion!

Val ;-)