Happy Birthday

Sun Feb 22 15:54:59 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
February 22, 2009

Hello Stefan!

THANK YOU for remembering my birthday and for creating the amazingly-
beautiful card in SignWriting, which is attached below. You are so
kind to remember every year and I am fortunate to know you and
everyone on the List....

And thank you too, for all your hard work all these years, and your
courage to continue to write sign languages and to create the
Woehrmann SpeechWriting system...It is really ingenious and I hope
that in time people will also realize the contribution you have done
for Deaf Education...

Your message below is touching and makes all our hard work seem worth
all the struggle...

And I had no idea that Jason Zinza had said that quote in his book on
Master ASL! That is good to know about that quote. Thank you, Jason!!

But it takes a lot of courage to start publishing using
SignWriting...and you have had that courage, Stefan, by writing and
publishing your SignWriting Handbook, and working on other books on
SignWriting...Thank you for taking those steps forward ;-)

And I want to thank Gerard Meijssen for posting your beautiful
Birthday card on his blog today! So your card is a hit today...Go to:

http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/

and scroll down to see your beautiful card on Gerard's blog...

I will post the card in the SignWriting Cards section later...

I am happy to know about your second book, Stefan, and I look forward
to enjoying it in the future...we are very blessed...

Val ;-)