copy function in dictionary

Sat Feb 28 15:31:03 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
February 28, 2009

On Feb 28, 2009, at 6:44 AM, Natasha Escalada-Westland wrote:
> I'm having trouble copying recently added signs in the dictionary.
> It seems to only bring up the portion to put in a spoken language
> written description, rather than the area to write and modify the
> sign itself.  Am I doing something wrong?
> Thanks!

Hello Natasha and Everyone!
Thanks for this message. You are not doing anything wrong ;-))

Recently I asked Steve to program some additional ways to copy signs
into SignPuddle. For example, now we can copy a sign from SignText,
and we can copy entire SignText documents. Those new features were
done a week ago...

And now Steve is working on another wonderful feature related to
copying...

I believe in the process of doing this new programming, the way the
old Copy Sign feature works has changed a little. I didn't realize
this myself until yesterday, when it happened to me too...but it still
works...Let me explain.

TO COPY A SIGN
1. Click on the Copy Sign button
2. The screen asks you what puddle you want to copy to...make a choice
3. Then the screen asks what name you want to give it...give it a
name...push the Add button
4. To the right of the newly copied sign, push the Write Sign button
to change the sign...

So you can still do it, just in a new way...I will ask Steve about how
this happened, but I think it works well anyway, and the one problem
is updating the manuals, but that i will be doing next week anyway!

Thanks for telling us, Natasha -

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help