scam e-mail

Jerry Spillman jzs at XMISSION.COM
Wed Jan 14 12:07:26 UTC 2009

Dear Val, Ingvild and List,

Thank you for reading my response and replying.  I am sorry that site
was not very user friendly.  I have a contact in the local office that I
will call and try to get better information.  My response was based on
information that is provided through non-public sources, and apparently
there is a way to do this that is not as easily accessed as we are led
to believe.  I will check this out today and try to get better
information on how to get to a better position on this situation.
People should be able to make anonymous contributions to this
intelligence without going through a big procedure or feeling
intimidated by the process.

I have seen this type of scam pointed at missionary families, senior
citizens, blind, deaf, racial groups, various religious preferences, you
name a group, and there is somebody trying to get into their pockets.
My aging father has so many people trying to work him for money that we
have to very carefully screen his e-mails and postal mail.  In spite of
all the "do not contact" lists and spam filters available, it seems that
a lot of the troublesome traffic still can get through.

Jerry Spillman

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help