Brush-Between Symbol for ESCAPE in ASL

Thu Jan 22 23:01:36 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
January 22, 2009

On Jan 22, 2009, at 2:36 PM, Charles Butler wrote:

> I prefer it to follow the vertical finger, not the horizontal
> fingers.  The vertical shows two barriers with an object between
> them, the upright index finger, the other one looks very confusing.
>
> Charles

----------------

Hello Charles!
Thanks for your response. So I believe you vote for number 1 in the
attached?

And both writings are fine...There are pluses and minuses to both of
them...

The second one is a new choice we never had before...

It took me some time to get used to it, but it has grown on me...

The second one (for me), is stating that the index finger is brushing
between two horizontal fingers...It also positions the stem of the
arrow nearer to the brush symbol...

But that is also why I am asking everyone's opinions...It is
interesting...

Most of the Contact Symbols can rotate now, when they couldn't before...