AW: [sw-l] Obama Sign Name

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jan 23 15:31:37 UTC 2009

I prefer the last, without the faces.

Charles

Stefan Wöhrmann <stefanwoehrmann at gebaerdenschrift.de> wrote:        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}       st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                     Hi Valerie and friends,

  this morning we looked up some facts about President Obama and what a nice surprise to find this video. Wonderful opportunity to discuss sign names again --And this lady signs great - we like it

  So right now we do know about four different sign-Names from USA and perhaps a fifth the German broadcast interpreter "invented" (???)

  I am curious which of these options will become the widely accepted among the Deaf in America .. It will take some time to find out - I guess

  Here are the options so far

  I know that this spelling is the German style with all our Mouthmovements that go along with the sign. Can you read the mouth saying “OBAMA”

  Stefan