Brush-Between Symbol for ESCAPE in ASL

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jan 22 22:36:13 UTC 2009

I prefer it to follow the vertical finger, not the horizontal fingers.  The vertical shows two barriers with an object between them, the upright index finger, the other one looks very confusing.

Charles

Valerie Sutton <signwriting at mac.com> wrote: SignWriting List
January 22, 2009

My next question to you all...which do you prefer?

In the ISWA, we can now rotate the In-Between Symbols....For example,
here is the sign for ESCAPE in ASL, but notice that the second writing
chooses to rotate the Brush-Between Symbol...Does that give more of
the feeling that we are brushing between two fingers? Which spelling
do you prefer?  Val ;-)

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help