AW: [sw-l] Brush-Between Symbol for ESCAPE in ASL

Fri Jan 23 15:36:12 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
January 23, 2009

Hello Stefan and Everyone!

Smile....You are absolutely correct that Steve is a brilliant computer
programmer, and software designer, and without Steve we would not be
able to write SignWriting Literature in vertical columns, as was
requested by our Deaf co-workers years ago...and thanks to Steve, all
your requests for new handshapes and rotating contact symbols were
made possible, because Steve installed the International SignWriting
Alphabet 2008 into our current SignPuddle software. Thank you Steve!

The International SignWriting Alphabet is my development, based on
requests from SignWriting users from over a decade. Every time someone
sent in a request, for a new handshape or a new movement etc, I placed
the request on a list of "to-do" things...and one of the many requests
was to have Contact Symbols that could rotate. I received that request
from several people, at different times for different reasons...

So from my perspective, I don't expect anyone to change anything...I
just tried to provide what was requested at different times, so we
have a tool for everyone to choose from...

For me, the purpose of the International SignWriting Alphabet is for
all SignWriting users all over the world, including those who use the
writing system for detailed research and detailed analysis...

Please continue to write as you wish!

Val ;-)