free service...adding old SignWriting documents to SignPuddle...

Wed Jul 1 19:05:22 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
July 1, 2009

Do you have old SignWriting literature (stories written in
SignWriting) that were written before SignPuddle? (before 2004)

Written by hand? Written with older software, such as SignWriter DOS
or graphics files?

Would you like those old documents to be added to SignPuddle Online?

My nephews are doing SignWriting Copy work for us. They look at old
documents, and symbol by symbol, re-create the documents in SignText,
in SignPuddle. This gives us a first draft in SignPuddle. Later, we
can edit the documents as we wish...but it saves a great deal of work
to have the first draft in SignText...and they can do any sign
language...because they are copying the symbols without knowing what
the signs mean.

This work is important, because it preserves historic old documents,
which can be made available for visitors to read and enjoy online.

So PLEASE find old documents and send them to me privately...they can
be in SW DOS format, or graphics formats, or any other format...

For example, I would really LOVE to find the Goldilocks versions in
many different sign languages...in LIBRAS, and so forth...I know there
is a Goldilocks workbook for Poland, but is there a storybook of
Goldilocks in Polish Sign Language?

Any and all sign languages are welcome...

Look forward to receiving documents from you -

Val ;-)
Sutton at SignWriting.org

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help