Question

Mon Jul 6 17:54:24 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
July 6, 2009

On Jul 6, 2009, at 10:06 AM, Ronald Dettloff wrote:
> Jonita and Ron ask: Is there a way to open up a Puddle document in
> one window, open up a dictionary in another and copy and paste the a
> sign from the dictionary to the Puddle document without re-writing
> the whole sign?

Hello Jonita and Ron!
Thank you for this question.

Unfortunately, that is not possible with our current software.

With SignPuddle you can...

1. copy individual signs between puddle dictionaries,

2. copy whole SignText documents from one puddle to another...

3. copy an individual sign from a SignText document and place it into
a dictionary...

but you cannot paste a sign from the dictionary inside a Signtext
document you are currently writing...

So you will have to write that sign from scratch, in the SignText
Editor...

For me, because I am very fast at creating signs, that doesn't bother
me...

It will be good practice for you to re-write the sign (big grin ;-))

Thanks for the question on the List...this is helpful that you ask
questions to the List -

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages