AW: [sw-l] BSL signs and Dutch Sign Language signs in SignPuddle

Wed Jul 8 16:54:55 UTC 2009

Hello Suzanne and everybody,

congratulation to start with your SignPuddle - it is going to be long way to
write that many signs that you can easily send email in SignWriting - but
that will be fun later on.

In the beginning it takes time to write the signs without typos or other
problems so do not worry - most of us had been lucky to get feedback from
experienced scribes. Many of your signs a written well and easy to
understand. It is interesting to learn about animal signs from other SL. ;-)

You may want to have a second look at the following signs ... just try to
look at every single symbol in case you do not know why I would probably
write it differently. Sometimes I do not know the sign in Dutch Sign
Language. If I mention such a sign   it is only a feeling that you probably
would perform it differently.

And keep in mind: L.I.F.E   - right Tini?

Schaap - handorientation at the end?  Muis - right hand cannot brush down
through the palm of the left hand, kat - you will find, what you want to
change (smile)  , vlinder  (if both hands in a unit take care of the
arrow-head ...

hamster (perhaps correct but difficult to perform that way),
fish -you want the fish to move upward?
Animal running backward?

All the best and thanks for your kind words about my book - smile.

Stefan ;-)