Installing SWIS

Jonathan y Yolaine joyoduncan at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 10 08:18:13 UTC 2009

Valerie Sutton wrote:
> On Jul 10, 2009, at 12:37 AM, Jonathan y Yolaine wrote:
>> Hi Steve,
>>     I have been trying to install the SWIS on my blog but it isn't
>> working. I did manage to install it on a local server XAMPP locally
>> with no problem.  I uploaded it all to a folder but when I try to run
>> a php page it doesn't seem to work.  Here is an example it output the
>> same as the address instead of showing the sign.  Could you have a
>> quick look and give a some suggestions please.  Do you have any web
>> pages explaining how to install the SWIS??
>>  Jonathan
>

> --------
>
> Hello Jonathan!
> Thanks for your messages...Steve is on vacation right now for the next
> 10 days or so, however, he will be checking his email from time to
> time...so you may hear from him later...
>
> Meanwhile, I am sure you know about Adam Frost's blog in ASL that also
> uses SWIS?
>
> Adam's ASL blog
> http://frostvillage.com/blog/lang/ase/my-asl-blog-is-90-in-signwriting-1133
>

> Maybe Adam can give you some feedback too... (Adam - your ASL blog is
> really beautiful ;-)
>
> Jonathan...will your blog be in Honduran Sign Language?
I really like Adam's web site too!!  But I am intending to use the SWIS
mostly to add explation about signwriting on my blog.  (Mine won't be a
full blown SignWriting Blog like Adam's)  I intend to do some ASL and
some LESHO.  But for the time being I want to concentrate on finishing
my program.

Jonathan

> Val ;-)
>

> ----------
>

> On Jul 7, 2009, at 10:41 PM, Adam Frost wrote:
>
>> How coincidental that Jonathan should mention about his blog when I
>> am going to as well. (BTW Jonathan, your blog looks great. I look
>> forward to seeing the progress of the SignWriting Studio. I have
>> placed a link to you blog in my blogroll.)
>>
>> So, back in May I told you all about a post that I had done on my
>> blog in SignWriting. Well, I have been doing a lot of background work
>> and now almost my entire ASL section is completely in SignWriting!
>> The few places that still have English text is mostly because I don't
>> know how to get them changed yet, although there might be a few cases
>> where I have missed the text. HA!
>>
>> You can look at it at this link to see what I am talking about.
>> http://frostvillage.com/blog/lang/ase/my-asl-blog-is-90-in-signwriting-1133.
>> Just a forewarning: It will take a long while to load the page since
>> it is basically loading all images. I have taken a screen capture so
>> that you can have a little idea what I am talking about.
>>
>> I am also very excited mainly because even the comments are converted
>> into SignWriting on the fly. True, it is just fingerspelling, but it
>> is all there. ;-)
>>
>> Adam

>> Change Email Settings
>> http://majordomo.valenciacc.edu/mailman/listinfo/sw-l