AW: [sw-l] Namibia handshape construction

Ingvild Roald iroald at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 2 09:13:50 UTC 2009

Symbols used for everyday writing may be intuitive (as most of the
SignWriting symbols are) or non-intuitive, like the conventions on
arrowheads etc. But they should not be counter-intuitive. Maybe Stefan and I
both think as educators, more than as system builders. I find it
counter-intuitive that both of the attached handshape symbols refer to the
right hand - my feeling is that as the hand flippes, so should the parts of
the symbols that represent the fingers. (I know that this is not the same
handshape that Stefan wrote about, but it is in the same group of
handshapes).

Just my feeling

Ingvild