great SignWriting Archive

Fri Jun 12 22:50:17 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
June 12, 2009

Hello Stefan!

Thank you for your kind words... You just made my day ;-)))

The SignWriting Archive
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/index.html

You can type in a search word and find the documents, or search by
document, thumbnail and subject...There are literally hundreds...and
yes I mean hundreds...of documents that have not yet been added to the
Archive, so I am trying to update it and add to it on a regular basis
now...

I figure that it is important because all of us forget all the
documents we have done...Your work, Stefan, is a great example of that
fact...you have created and written so many animations and cards and
artwork and SignWriting literature and books, that I am sure there are
times when even you cannot remember all the wonderful creations you
have created over so many years...

I am the same way. Right now my nephews are adding old SignWriting
documents into the new format of SignPuddle online. They are just
copying the exact signs, sign by sign, into SignText and saving the
documents as literature, and I still have to edit their work, so it is
a big job, but what I am amazed at, is how many 100s of old documents
I found that were written with SignWriter DOS, or written in the old
SignWriter Newspapers and Newsletters...we found stories written by
hand and literature in Spanish Sign Language and Nicaraguan Sign
Language and Brazilian Sign Language and in other sign languages that
it is really touching and amazing to me how beautiful our SignWriting
history of 35 years is...something that needs to be documented and
treasured...so slowly but surely we are creating history archives of
different kinds...

Which brings up a new archive under way... I am now working on another
kind of archive...called

Making a Difference
People Who Have Contributed to SignWriting History

or maybe we should call it?

SignWriting Contributors Archive

not sure...what do you think?

Anyway...

In the Contributor's Archive, I will be creating a unique web page for
each person, with their photo, their resume and biography, and any
downloads of any documents or dissertations or books that they want to
have available to the general public that are related to their work
with SignWriting...

Obviously I know this means that most of this List will be in that
Archive sooner or later, with your permission of course, if you all
want to be...

This weekend I am preparing the first page in the Archive, for a
scholar named Guylhem Aznar, who wrote his dissertation on SignWriting
in Unicode, at a University in France, and I will be posting his
dissertation in the Archive, available free for download...I am very
proud of the growing list of dissertations and theses on SignWriting
(and Lucy...I have not forgotten Poland ;-))

So Stefan, don't forget your animation on:

http://www.MovementWriting.org

and thanks once again for your nice comment -

Val ;-)