How to Write Signs in SignPuddle ;-)

SignWriting signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue Mar 3 00:56:10 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
March 2, 2009

On Mar 2, 2009, at 3:42 PM, Lancz Edina wrote:
> In general, I am a bit lost among the many features of the site.
> What is the
> difference between writing signs in SignMaker, SignBank and SignText?

I am happy you are asking questions, Edina. We all learn from
questions and answers!

Have you downloaded the SignPuddle Reference Manual on http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/help?
  Some of these questions will be answered for you there.

1. SignMaker
SignMaker is used to write individual signs, to add to a SignPuddle
dictionary.

SignMaker is a button on the left, inside SignPuddle. I can see you
already have used SignMaker, because you have already entered some
individual signs, in your Hungarian dictionary.

2. SignBank is a separate program which you do not need right now.
SignPuddle and SignBank are two separate computer programs that can
work together. SignBank is both a database program for publishing
large dictionaries sorted by sign-symbols, and also a way to prepare
documents without Microsoft Word. We can talk about SignBank some
other time...right now it is important that you learn SignPuddle.

3. SignText, like, SignMaker, is inside SignPuddle. There is a
SignText button on the left. When you click on that, you can start
writing full documents in SignWriting, which usually a written in the
Literature Puddle.

Individual signs that are created in SignMaker can be formatted for
Microsoft Word, by clicking on the Customize Button. The ColumnMaker
button only appears to the right of full documents created by SignText.

See attached diagram and be sure to download the manual and view the
video instruction ;-))