NEW SCHOOL in New Jersey joins the SignWriting Literacy Project!

Thu Mar 5 17:02:16 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
March 5, 2009

Dear SignWriting List Members!
I am happy to announce a NEW SCHOOL has requested to join the
SignWriting Literacy Project!

Our non-profit organization will be donating videos, dvds, books and
software to the Marie H. Katzenbach School for the Deaf, in Trenton,
New Jersey, at the request of Deaf teacher Camille Lorello. The
donations will be for 4 teachers and 24 Deaf students.  I am preparing
their boxes of books and materials right now, hoping to ship them to
the school on Monday, March 9th. I am also preparing web pages for the
school to place photos of the children and teachers, and to post their
Teacher's Reports about using SignWriting, and their feedback, which
is very important for research on Deaf Education.

By the way, the Marie H. Katzenbach School for the Deaf, in Trenton,
New Jersey is Lucinda O'Grady Batch's old alma mater!

Lucinda (Cindy) is our first Deaf staff member, who founded the Deaf
Action Committee for SignWriting in the 1980's. Cindy started working
with SignWriting in 1981, and is still working with us today. So this
is a coincidence! The videos and dvds I am sending them, are the
Lessons in SignWriting Video Series, which features Cindy as the
teacher ;-)

Lessons in SignWriting Video Series
http://www.signwriting.org/video/lessons/

Here is the letter from Camille Lorello at the Marie H. Katzenbach
School for the Deaf: