SW Instruction Catalog 2009 and Deaf Literacy Workshop...

SignWriting signwriting at MAC.COM
Fri May 1 20:56:09 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
May 1, 2009

Hello Paul!
Thanks for this message. Great to hear from you. I hope all is well
with you too...

I am fine. Getting some rest behind the scenes, and working on placing
our SignWriting books on Amazon.com and other book vendors on the web.
The List has been so quite lately. It is nice you wrote ;-))

Recently, our non-profit organization has had a decrease in funding,
because of the recession, so I have been trying to find new sources of
income, as well as still writing grants as we always have. I know book
sales on Amazon.com will not be that many at first, but perhaps if we
also start teaching SignWriting on YouTube and other video sites, that
might trigger more interest in learning to read and write signs...and
people might be curious and purchase some books on Amazon.com...I also
started looking into placing more ads on our web sites to bring in
income, although I want to be sure that our sites remain good for
education and children and that the ads are positive ones...

So how did your workshops go at the end of March?

which included Cat in the Hat in American Sign Language by Cherie Wren
at the
CELEBRATE DEAF HISTORY LITERACY AND LEGACY
http://www.signwriting.org/usa/alabama/index.html#IIDS

Cherie already told me a little about it. I hope your students and
participants enjoyed the Cat in the Hat books?!

I wish I could have attended to meet you all -

Val ;-)