A wiktionary for American Sign Language

Sun Nov 15 00:59:09 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
November 14, 2009

Hello Gerard!
Thank you for this message, and yes, we agree that the SignWriting
MediaWiki Plugin is needed and will be a wonderful tool. To complete
that job, first Steve has to finish a new version of SignText, which
will also be a part of the new SignPuddle 2.0. There is a reason this
needs to be finished first...it will be a part of the new SignWriting
MediaWiki Plugin too. Steve gave me a great demo of it yesterday, but
it is not ready yet...

It is just a matter of time...everyone has been ill with flu etc and
we are working as fast as is possible under the circumstances.

We are estimating that the new SignText will be ready for private
testing in the next few weeks, and when that is working well then
Steve can start on the SignWriting MediaWiki Plugin...I guess to be
realistic, it will not be until 2010, that we have Wikipedias written
in SignWriting...But it is next on our list...

Meanwhile, I am happy to know that you feel that SignPuddle is doing
the job...;-)

Val ;-)