PEACOCK sign

Mon Nov 16 15:25:10 UTC 2009

Hi SW-list,

before I mentioned...

“.... I do not know why he signs the “bird” with his right hand and the
“tail” with the left – just using the right hand as a platform for the
elbow. Probably other signers would perform both parts of this combined
sign with the same hand? “

A minute ago I followed the link of

http://www.dailyasl.com/ASLdictionary2.htm

and found another performance of “PEACOCK”

and ha – this is fun. She is performing the sign the way I had in mind. In
addition to that – as you can see:The bird opens its beak only once. –Just
as expected in combined signs.

In this performance the right hand describes a curved movement but quite
much down forward as well ...

Stefan ;-)