SignWriter Beta 2

Fri Nov 20 19:04:46 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
November 20, 2009

Hello Jonathan!
Thank you for your hard work and creating a new computer program for
SignWriting! Wow...very exciting!

Today I am trying to test your new Beta 2 version, but because I am a
novice when it comes to Windows, and also because my Windows XP laptop
is not used that much, I have had to take some time to update my
computer to be able to use SignWriterStudio...

First, I was required to download and install the .NET Framework, and
I am not sure if I did it all properly...There are apparently updates
on that I am supposed to install etc...But nonetheless, I was able to
download SignWriter Studio and open it, but now I need some basic
instruction...I tried to look for some basic instruction how to start
the program...I am able to open it, but I do not know how to find
something in the dictionary...I found the dictionary, and typed in the
word "hello" to search for that sign, and it did not find anything...I
bet I didn't get the ASL dictionary properly installed? I downloaded
it but maybe it is not accessing it?

I am so sorry I am such a novice...

I clicked on your link at the bottom of your email that says "The
SignWriter Studio" to see if there is an instruction manual or page
online, and i received a message saying "Sorry, Bad Request" from
Yahoo...I will send you a screen capture privately...

I am sure I will be using SignWriter Studio very soon and I am really
looking forward to it -

Thank you, Jonathan!

Val ;-)

---------