AW: [sw-l] Vatican requested 10 SignWriting books...Gospel John in ASL

SignWriting signwriting at MAC.COM
Mon Nov 16 15:57:35 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
November 16, 2009

Hello Stefan!
That would be a great idea! The box of books I shipped is already in
Rome, sitting in foreign customs, and I hope it will be delivered in
time to the Vatican. Since I live on the other side of the globe, the
package had to be sent at least two weeks in advance...so it is
already sent...

And I doubt if the Pope personally will be a part of this conference
for the Deaf...I wish the Pope would see the books too! But I suspect
that the Vatican holds many conferences in their facilities for
various subjects related to the Catholic Church, and this conference
is probably just one of many...but I am hoping that the Deaf priests
and deacons who attend the conference will receive copies, of both
Maltese Sign Language and ASL, and that will be wonderful...the Deaf
deacons and priests are coming from all over the world to attend this
conference, so there are probably sign languages from many countries
involved in the conference...

One thing we could do...if you want to write the Lord's Prayer in
German Sign Language in your German Literature Puddle, or post a PDF
of the document to the SignWriting List, I could certainly send it to
my contact at the Vatican, as an attachment through email....would you
like me to do that? That would be wonderful, Stefan, thank you!

Val ;-)