common criticisms of signwriting?

Sandy Fleming sandy at FLEIMIN.DEMON.CO.UK
Sat Nov 21 11:18:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 14:44 -0700, Natasha Escalada-Westland wrote:
> Take a look at Sandy's website http://bsltext.org/ and go to the page
> called "articles" and follow the link to "unicode diacritics for
> signwriting".  I think that might be what Sandy is getting at...  Just
> a way to adapt current technology to the existing idea of SignWriting.
>
> Natasha Escalada-Westland, M.Ed. (D/HH), Certified Interpreter - NIC

Natasha,

I'm very pleased to see that this has been noticed!

I tried to keep this very short, with the intention of adding more about
other aspects of implementing SignWriting in unicode in further short
articles.

Lack of interest on the SignWriting List made me think that there wasn't
much interest, however, so I didn't write further articles.

I could add more if anybody wanted to know.

Sandy

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help