WRITING SIGN LANGUAGES Workshop by Adam Frost Lisbon Portugal Sept 12

Tue Sep 1 20:21:38 UTC 2009

SignWriting List
September 1, 2009

Hello SW List!
Adam Frost will be presenting a SignWriting workshop in Lisbon,
Portugal, September 12, 2009. The workshop is a part of a special day
devoted to sign languages, called "Listening to Silent Languages",
which is a part of a larger linguistic conference called the "Societas
Linguistica Europaea 2009", held at the Universidade de Lisboa next
week.

Would anyone want to attend this special day of workshops? If yes, go
to this web page to sign up...

The Societas Linguistica Europaea
http://www.societaslinguistica.eu

Adam's presentation is number 6 below...

LISTENING TO SILENT LANGUAGES WORKSHOPS
SATURDAY, SEPT 12, 2009, LISBON, PORTUGAL

Coordinated by:  Alina Villalva (Universidade de Lisboa), Ana Mineiro
(Universidade Católica Portuguesa, Lisbon) and Paulo Vaz de Carvalho
(Instituto Jacob Rodrigues Pereira, Lisbon)

1. INTRODUCTION
Alina Villalva (Universidade de Lisboa) and Ana Mineiro (Universidade
Católica Portuguesa, Lisbon).

2. WHICH LANGUAGE FOR DEAF PEOPLE? Carmela Bertone and Francesca
Volpato (Università Ca' Foscari di Venezia).

3. VERBAL MORPHOLOGY IN SIGN LANGUAGES AND SIGN LANGUAGE ACQUISITION:
THE IMPERATIVE CASE
Ronice Müller de Quadros (Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina,
Brazil) & Diane Lillo-Martin (University of Connecticut, USA).

4. SECOND LANGUAGE ACQUISITION OF SIGN LANGUAGE: HANDSHAPE TRANSFER
FROM GESTURE
Deborah Chen Pichler (Gallaudet University).

5. THE KERNELS OF PHONOLOGY IN A NEW SIGN LANGUAGE.
Wendy Sandler (University of Haifa).

6. WRITING SIGN LANGUAGES
Adam Frost (Deaf Action Committee for SignWriting) and Valerie Sutton
(Center for Sutton Movement Writing).

Adam will be teaching and presenting all by himself in Lisbon...I will
not be attending.

Adam is flying to Lisbon this Sunday, because he will be presenting
other workshops on SignWriting throughout the week, in Lisbon.

If any of you would like to come to Lisbon to meet Adam and learn
SignWriting in person with him, contact me and I will make
arrangements for you to meet him -

Thank you, Adam, for traveling to Lisbon!

Sutton at SignWriting.org
858-456-0098
skype: valeriesutton

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu