Learn to use SignPuddle Online

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Sep 16 22:36:29 UTC 2009

Hello Irina and Everyone,
I went to the Portugal Sign Puddle to compare your signs to the Brazilian ones and they are wildly different.  I am glad you took the time to write at least one sign for as many different handshapes as you could.  This makes a good way to have a "sample" to demonstrate to students.
I created a poster of the equivalent for LIBRAS that I need to update as I want to add pictures to it, like Valerie's ASL dictionary as a poster.
Hope to see more of the Portuguese sign language.
Charles Butler Neto

--- On Tue, 9/15/09, Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:

From: Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org>
Subject: [sw-l] Learn to use SignPuddle Online
To: "SignWriting List" <sw-l at majordomo.valenciacc.edu>
Cc: "Irina Baptista" <irina_baptista at hotmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, September 15, 2009, 1:22 PM

SignWriting List
September 15, 2009

On Sep 15, 2009, at 8:01 AM, Irina Baptista wrote:
> how can I add the portuguese sign writing I've already done, and How can I be sure that they are correct? Thank you...

Hello Irina and everyone...

Start by adding your Portuguese signs in SignWriting in our free software...SignPuddle Online:

1. Go to SignPuddle Online:
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle

--------

2. Click on the flag for Portugal (PT). That will take you to the Portuguese SignPuddle area:

Portuguese SignPuddle area
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle/index3.html#sgn-PT

---------

3. Click on the Dictionary icon to go to the Portuguese Dictionary:

Protuguese Dictionary
http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/index.php?ui=1&sgn=33

---------

4. Once inside the dictionary, please scroll down and on the left side of the screen, click on the Register Button. Register your username and password. So every time you use SignPuddle in the future, be sure to Login with your username and password.

--------

5. To start writing your first sign in the SignPuddle dictionary, click on the icon called SignMaker.....on the left side of the screen...

The try to add your first sign to the dictionary...

-------

6. Then write to our SW List and tell us the name of your first sign you added to the dictionary and we will go look at it and give you feedback on your writing...

We look forward to seeing your first sign in SignPuddle!

Sutton at SignWriting.org

1. SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org