How many categories?

MARIA AZZOPARDI maria.azzopardi at UM.EDU.MT
Tue Sep 1 12:20:36 UTC 2009

Valerie,
I'm beginning to undestand when your answer to my question 'how many
symbols?' was 'it depends on HOW you count' for instance:

Although ISWA has 7 categories, could I join categories together for the
sake of instruction?

Therefore:
Cat 1 Hands
Cat 2 Movement
Cat 3 Face Head AND Body
Cat 4 Dynamics AND Punctuation
(The face and head are part of the body, hence joined together,
and when you think about it, taking pauses and stopping for a little while
is part of the dynamics of signing across sentences so it could be joined
to the dynamics of the movement involved in individual signs)

(I will also leave Cat 7 -Advn Sorting out, when teaching signwriting
right? just mentioning it is enough)

thanks
Maria

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu