Call for help on Paper

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Sep 22 16:13:22 UTC 2009

Rachel Cannon of the University of Connecticut, and Charles Butler of the Center for Sutton Movement Writing are looking for help in a demonstration project comparing several signed languages for a linguistic modeling study.

The project will call for as many as 10 distinct signed languages and video dictionary citations with between 200 and 300 signs per language.

While Ms. Cannon has credentials in the linguistic field working with SignType, this will be a model project to interface SignType with SignWriting in creating transcriptions of video dictionary citations.

We are looking for people who for a small remuneration will help in citations of video dictionaries.  I know that we have people on this list with contacts in
USA,
Brazil
Norway
Sweden
Germany
Ethiopia
Spain
Colombia
Portugal
Saudi Arabia

This is the first demonstration project I have seen that is being proposed to use multiple languages for the database project coming from a linguistic study field.  What we are in need of now is contact names and emails to cite for a proposal.

I am working independently for a pilot proposal for TISLR using this method to compare ASL and LIBRAS with a smaller subset of vocabulary.

If you are willing to help, or know a source video-based citation dictionary, please contact

Charles Butler
chazzer3332000 at yahoo.com
in the USA as soon as possible.