SignWriting presentation in Iceland!

Fri Apr 2 14:30:16 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
April 2, 2010

Hello Nedelina from beautiful Iceland!

I was so excited to see the volcano in Iceland. We also saw a report about this historic event on television, here in California...It is really very beautiful to watch bright lava against the snow...

I am happy to hear about your presentation of the Icelandic Sign Language Dictionary project at TISLR 10.

There will be a SignWriting presentation in Iceland at a conference this April, by James Shepard-Kegl, director of the Nicaraguan Sign Language Projects. James and Judy Shepard-Kegl have been using SignWriting for over a decade to write Nicaraguan Sign Language, and established two schools for the Deaf in Nicaragua, so the presentation should be really interesting...

The conference is called "Preserving the Future"
http://vefir.hi.is/vigdisconference2010/?page_id=2

It is an anthropological linguistic conference at The Vigdís Finnbogadóttir Institute of Foreign Languages, University of Iceland, Reykjavík, from April 15-17, 2010

Can you tell your team about this? I hope some of you can attend -

Val ;-)

SW-L at majordomo.valenciacc.edu

List Archives and Help