Need your help - can you view this video?

Fri Apr 30 02:12:05 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
April 29, 2010

Hello Kim and everyone...
Great to hear from you again. I am glad you like Ed's video reading a verse from the Gospel According to John. It is really remarkable how well he read that passage...and he claimed he didn't know SignWriting in depth, but he read very well!

The Gospel According to John in ASL:
http://www.signwriting.org/library/bible/Gospel_John.html

And Pastor Ron Dettloff has also videotaped others in his Deaf congregation reading Scripture in ASL from SignWriting documents that Ron and his team wrote for their Sunday and weekly Bible studies...we are waiting for permission from those who were videotaped, to post their videos too...

There are some short passages of the Koran written in SignWriting now, in the Saudi Arabian SignPuddle, but I don't believe there are any Jewish documents yet...that would be great if you know anyone interested in doing the translation and writing into ASL...

Regarding the Avatar...can you take the time to test it for Kate? Here is the link...

Test the Avatar
http://www.cs.uwc.ac.za/~kmoemedi/index.php?phaseno=1&pageno=1

and I hope others can do this too -

Just write what you think the Avatar said in ASL and keep going for 10 questions on 10 web pages, and then Kate can use that data to help improve the programming of the Avatar using SignWriting....

Many thanks!

Val ;-)