DanceWriting presentation in Jamaica on Skype

Fri Apr 30 04:54:55 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
April 30, 2010

An unusual event -

On April 30th, I will be presenting Sutton DanceWriting at a dance conference in Jamaica, on Skype!

DanceWriting
http://www.dancewriting.org

The conference is called "Choreography is Copyrightable", and dancers will learn that if they notate their dances, then they can copyright the dance as a document. Other presenters will be presenting other dance notation systems, such as Labanotation. As you know, there are hundreds of dance notation systems in the world. Plus they will learn about copyrighting their dances using video and other methods of recording.

Conference Web Page
http://www.dancecopyright.info/

The conference is being held at the Edna Manley College of the Visual & Performing Arts - School of Dance Theatre, in Kingston, Jamaica.

But I have the best method of attending...on Skype...and I never have to travel to Jamaica but can meet everyone there anyway - truly wonderful...

Which brings up the subject of Skype and learning SignWriting. It doesn't matter what country you live in, we can meet on Skype if you have a web cam and a good internet connection. And if you do not have a web cam, we can communicate by typing direct messages, or if you can hear, we can use Skype as a voice phone only...so if any of you want to make an appointment with me on Skype, write to me privately on email, and we can make an appointment sometime after tomorrow ;-)

Have a great day everyone -

Sutton at SignWriting.org

SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages