need advice about SignWriting Literature Flyer

Thu Dec 16 20:42:31 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
December 16, 2010

Going through our archives, I found this old SignWriting Literature Flyer ... it is also attached...

SignWriting Literature Flyer from 2009
http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs6/sw0547-SWLiteratureProject2009.pdf

I have a question. Is it not "politically correct" to discuss "improving Deaf literacy"?

Notice it is mentioned in this flyer...would there be a better way to say it? There are some people who benefit from SignWriting, related to Literacy, but the other day someone told me they were concerned Deaf people would feel offended or criticized, so I am happy to change the wording if you all can tell me what to say instead...? smile ...

Thanks for your help - Val ;-)