Request for comment on a technical SignWriting document

Thu Dec 23 15:51:47 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
December 23, 2010

Hello Steve!
What a huge accomplishment and such a Christmas gift - THANK YOU for this remarkable work.

And thank you for sticking with this very large job of encoding the International SignWriting Alphabet 2010.

I am excited about the fact that it will be posted at the New Year on the internet - what a great way to start 2011!

I hope that many people will give you feedback. I definitely plan to read every word of it, and to be sure to check the names of all the symbols and other details...(big smile)...

I also want to thank Stefan Woehrmann, for catching my typo on the names of the Exhale and Inhale symbols - I accidentally switched the names of the two symbols, while typing all the symbol names long ago, and if Stefan had not caught that error, it would still be there - so editors are needed...Stefan, if you have time, I would be grateful if you could also edit Steve's document with the link below - you know SignWriting so well you can catch things others cannot -

http://www.signpuddle.net/draft-slevinski-iswa-2010-pre.html

So thank you again, Steve, for this announcement!

Today I am driving north to drop off three old computers to an eBay store, where they will help me sell the computers on eBay. I hope that will bring in a little income for our non-profit organization...

And I see that Lucyna from Poland has posted the most marvelous report too - Many thanks to Lucyna..I will write soon about the ongoing project in Poland...Many thanks to you, Lucy, and have a wonderful time with your family this Christmas -

And I know others are planning to post reports later - our Year End Report will be a big one this year...smile...I also have a report from Stefan about his presentation in Canada for Andre on Skype which I plan to post later...

So this is a blessed Christmas!

Val ;-)