PLEASE POST SPECIAL CALL FOR SL ABSTRACTS

Mon Dec 20 16:02:54 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
December 20, 2010

Date: December 20, 2010 1:22:08 AM PST
To: SLLING-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACC.EDU
Subject: PLEASE POST SPECIAL CALL FOR SL ABSTRACTS

Sign Language Lab of the University of Haifa will be having a special session on sign language at the annual meeting of the Israel Association for Theoretical Linguistics, and would be very grateful if you can post the call for abstracts below on the SLLING list.  Please let me know if this is possible.
Thank you. Svetlana Dachkovsky and Wendy Sandler

lab website:  http://sandlersignlab.haifa.ac.il

THE 27TH ANNUAL MEETING
ISRAEL ASSOCIATION FOR THEORETICAL LINGUISTICS

CALL FOR PAPERS
Dates October 24-25 (Monday/Tuesday), 2011
 University of Haifa, Haifa, Israel
Conference website:
http://linguistics.huji.ac.il/IATL/27/

INVITED SPEAKER:
MARINA NESPOR, University of Milano-Bicocca

IATL 27, THE 27TH ANNUAL MEETING OF THE ISRAEL ASSOCIATION FOR THEORETICAL LINGUISTICS, will be held at The University of Haifa on October 24-25, 2011. Submissions are invited for papers presenting previously unpublished research in all areas of theoretical linguistics.
We are interested in research which tests theories of language in general, including traditional areas of theoretical linguistics and also experimental areas such as psycholinguistics, neurolinguistics, sociolinguistics, and language acquisition.

SPECIAL SESSION.  IATL 27 will include a special session on SIGN LANGUAGE RESEARCH.  Abstracts on sign languages are welcome in any area of linguistic investigation as explained above.
IATL publishes on-line proceedings; the authors of all accepted and alternate papers are expected to submit their papers for the proceedings.

SUBMISSION:
Please submit abstracts (maximum length 2 page, 12 point Times New Roman, including references) via our on-line submission site at:

http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iatl27

Register at the site as an author, and when you receive a password, you can enter the site and submit your abstract. The abstract should be submitted *in PDF format* through the "Upload Paper" section near the bottom of the page. (Note: Higher up on the page, in the "Title and Abstract" section, there is a box for a plain-text abstract. Since we do not require a shorter abstract, you may simply retype the title of the paper in the abstract box.)

DEADLINE : May 20, 2010. Submissions received after this date will not be considered. Not more than one single-authored abstract per person, plus one co-authored abstract.

IMPORTANT DATES:
May 20, 2011:             abstract submission deadline
Mid August, 2011:      notification of acceptance to authors
October 24-25, 2011: IATL 27 conference

Further information: Nora Boneh: bonehn at mscc.huji.ac.il