AW: need advice about SignWriting Literature Flyer

Mon Dec 20 16:41:49 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
December 20, 2010

Thank you, Yuri, for these comments. That is such an interesting thought - that some people live with communication that is "borrowed from another culture", and never express their own...

That is why written forms for minority languages have a good purpose - to help us see the world from each language's different perspective...for example, the Cherokee Indian language was greatly enriched, when Sequoyah developed a written syllabary - and the world knows more about the Cherokee Indian tribe now, because of the written literature...

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/cherokee.htm

Val ;-)