Kate's question about reading sequence...

SignWriting signwriting at MAC.COM
Sun Feb 7 16:23:09 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
February 7, 2010

Yes exactly...Charles is referring to the detailed SignSpelling
Sequences that use special Location Markers and other details that we
do not actually write with, on an everyday basis. Those special
detailed Location Markers are at the end of the ISWA, in Group 30, and
are used for research projects such as SignTyp, at the University of
Connecticut (http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/signtyp/), that need to show
detailed location for linguistic study purposes. In everyday writing,
in SignWriting, the location can be seen by the visual relationship
between symbols, so without any special symbols, we can see that the
hand is "under the left shoulder" or "near the right hip" by just
placing the hand symbol under the Shoulder LIne on the left side, or
near the Hip Line on the right side...so Location is written in
everyday SignWriting but it is written without any special location
symbols...

The detailed Location Markers are located in Group 30 of the ISWA and
are used in detailed SignSpelling Sequences that help us sort
dictionaries by Sign-Symbols in a more detailed way: