Kate's question about reading sequence...

SignWriting signwriting at MAC.COM
Sun Feb 7 00:53:10 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
February 6, 2010

Hello Kate -
Welcome to the SignWriting List.  Which avatar group are you with?
There are 3 avatar projects now. A new avatar project  just contacted
me from South Africa...and there is one in Tunisia...an older project
in Greece...

And I hope others on the SW List will answer your questions too...

Let me try to answer your questions one at a time, in several email
messages. In the case of the first sign, we know that the sign begins
touching the head, because the first handshape is at the beginning
stem of the arrow, and the second handshape is always written at the
end of the arrow, at the tip of the arrowhead...so the reader looks at
the arrow and reads the handshape at the beginning of the arrow-stem-
line first: