question for the way to express 'made'

Trevor Jenkins bslwannabe at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jan 10 16:36:33 UTC 2010

I fundamentally disagree ... with those who say that signed languages
are not languages. Stokoe (we can forgiving him his bizarre notation)
was the first to demonstrate that what we use are most definitely
languages. But the presecriptive grammarians wil try to argue that
because some signed languages don't have a tense system then those are
not real languages; neglecting of course that English does not have a
true future tense. The example of Chinese not having what these
grammarians demand as a tense is a good counter-example to their
nonsense; if the language of the majority of people on the planet
doesn't have a tense system then just maybe those languages that do
are the odd ball languages.