finger direction matters

Ingvild Roald iroald at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 5 09:19:03 UTC 2010

In the MOVEMENT sign, both hands are turned the same way. Is that correct? Do the hands turn a little sideways when they move? Or should they both be pointed towards center and just move sideways? If you do not know the actual sign language, you do not know how to read this (but then, this will be the case when signwriting is more used and standards for each sign language are stabilising themselves ... the rules will differ somewhat according to the sign languages).

Ingvild