Blogging in Written ASL - How do I write a comment in ASL?

Sat Jul 24 19:13:18 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
July 23, 2010

Hello Adam, Doug, Kelly Jo and Natasha!

Thank you, Adam, for creating a blog that is written directly on the web in the symbols of SignWriting...it is a brand new experience to try to write a comment in SignWriting directly on your blog!!

Blogging in Written ASL
http://frostvillage.com/blog/lang/ase/

And thanks to Steve Slevinski, for making the SignWriting Image Server (SWIS), which makes it possible to write the comments directly in SignWriting on the blog...

And the blog area has been improved since yesterday...

It is now easier to post a message in written ASL, and it is faster to load the symbols. Adam and I chose to move Adam's blog over to our DeafVision server, and it is a faster server, so the symbols load faster which makes a big difference!

I just posted my second comment in written ASL the best I could (my ASL is not great, but at least i know the SignWriting symbols - ha!)...here is a screen capture of three posted comments...one from Doug, one from Kelly Jo and one from me at the bottom...