My signing avatar

Trevor Jenkins bslwannabe at GMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 12 13:44:18 UTC 2010

Very interesting work. What are you using to create that avatar's animation?
Poser? Blender? MakeHuman?

I mess around with Second Life and there my avatar has an animation override
(AO) to sign SORRY; it happens that the ASL and BSL signs are similar. I
didn't create it but found an in-world store with a few of these AOs for
ASL.

I would love to be able to use other AOs within Second Life to converse with
Deaf people who also inhabit that virtual world. At the moment it would be
tedious to conduct such a conversation --- even if all the required AOs
existed --- because of the activation mechanism. To activate the SORRY AO I
either need to type "/sorryasl" as a chat line or to scroll through a long
and ever increasing list of available gestures and click on the SorryASL
item. Being able to type SignWriting or even ASCII-fied Stokoe in the chat
line and have the sequence of AOs played in order would be a huge
improvement.