5 minute Assessment

Thu May 6 13:48:33 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
May 5, 2010

On May 5, 2010, at 11:54 PM, 2127721 wrote:
> I'm researching an alternative to the current video annotation tools that do exist, using SSW for annotation.
> I would like to ask the users of the mailinglist to complete the assessment, its only a few questions.
>
> You can view the published form here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dG5paFd4bHJZdkNWX2pZb21kc1BLdFE6MQ
>
> Kindest regards
> -jadam

Hello Jadam!
Thank you for this message and survey. It would be great to have an alternative to the current video annotation tools, using SignWriting...smile...and I am interested in your research on this topic...so keep us informed...

And I will be happy to fill out the survey...I hope others will too...

I actually am new to this issue...What are the existing video annotation tools that do not use SignWriting at the moment? Are you referring to Elan and SignStream?

I have used iMovie and Final Cut Express on the Mac for video editing...and that is all...so I am limited in my experience ;-)

I looked at the survey and I do not know how to answer the questions, since I have never used a video annotation system for sign language before...Does anyone here on the SignWriting List have experience with video annotating systems?