The 4th Workshop: Corpora and Sign language Technologies

Sun May 9 21:04:59 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
May 9, 2010

Hello Tim, Maria and Nedelina!

This is wonderful news...I believe all three of you will be attending the conference in Malta? even if for only for a short time...I hope you all can meet each other...is rare to have three SignWriting users from different countries together in Malta ;-)

LREC 2010 Conference in Malta
May 17-23, 2010

And it is ironic you mention the Icelandic volcano, Tim, since Nedelina, who will be presenting at the conference, lives in Iceland....I hope you all can make it to Malta without complications...

So there are some SignWriting users attending the conference...that is cool...

Tim - your software looks so great! Good to see your picture...happy to meet you both...and I see Adam Frost's hand photos too, and I am glad you are using those...By the way, I have posted all of Adam's animated gifs now, on the web:

SignWriting Symbol Lessons ISWA 2010
http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/iswa

But a word of explanation...Adam and I are still working on this...it is a work in progress...we hope to update some of the symbols and photos, and also we plan to give people individual photos and symbols as well, that are not animated...all of that has not happened yet...but we are getting there slowly but surely...

I look forward to testing your software and feel free to ask for testers here on the List...it is a privilege to test new software using SignWriting...

Thanks to everyone for your hard work -

Val ;-)