spelling question F-hands like in "Deaflympics"

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Sun May 30 14:06:29 UTC 2010

I think the touch in-between is better for the feel.  It's not a grip, but the touch of the two fingers of one hand is between the touch of the two fingers of the other hand.  If the hands were transparent, one could show the circle as a loop, but the closest is "something" in between, and as it is not a grip, touch is the closest thing.  Showing breaking chains would need a touch between to show the position of the hands, and that is a touch before breaking.

Charles

________________________________
From: Stefan Wöhrmann <stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE>
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACC.EDU
Sent: Sun, May 30, 2010 9:57:53 AM
Subject: spelling question F-hands like in "Deaflympics"

Hi Valerie and sw-list friends,

attached you find a foto of two F-hands – some
signs need this orientation ... for years I wrote the sign with the grip symbol
with the “in between” lines to the left and right.

Today I thought differently. Thumb and index touch
each other – but there is obviously no grip. – and the touch in between
 seems not appropriate either.

Any idea ? Comments?

Thank you

Stefan ;-)