Recording of Valerie Sutton's Presentation, Nov 10 2010, Tunisia

Thu Nov 11 19:13:29 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
November 11, 2010

This is very interesting, Thor. I am glad to know about this. It seems you have done this a lot and know the tricks. It is great that the user can choose with or without captions...I think the English captions will help a lot for a variety of reasons...inter-language issues, not being able to hear, are just a few - but the CC is also like a hidden transcript in a way too, isn't it?

So Yuri, I hope you can post the CC too -

After this I will learn how to do all this myself so I do not need to impose - your teamwork is great -

I would love to do more presentations in the future to different countries over skype - what struck me was it would be great to have the PPT show up in a split screen on the video someday - that would be really compact and easy for the viewers on YouTube - and there is a way to "Share Screen" on skype, where they see my computer screen - but apparently that did not show up well at the conference and they ended up showing the slides on a separate screen at the conference - which makes sense of course - if there were some way on YouTube to look at both videos at the same time that would be cool, but it would be better to re-edit the video to combine the two videos, which I can try to do later with iMovie here - that will be a new experience for me too, but there must be a way -

Someday we could also create videos with split screen with a sign language interpreter on one side - but then, which sign language? ;-)

So Thor, you are in the UK? I had thought you were in the Netherlands ;-)

Val ;-)

--------