Valerie Sutton will present SW in Tunisia Wed Nov 10, 2010, at 12:00 noon Tunis time

Tue Nov 9 16:11:11 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
November 9, 2010

Thank you Erika and Stefan, for helping me with this - I will purchase the software and try to record it, if we are lucky it will happen - of course, the internet connection and setup with Skype and the Tunisian technicians are a part of this - but if we are lucky it will be recorded!

Two weeks ago I was supposed to have presented DanceWriting to a dance conference in Barbados - the Skype was setup beautifully - I could see their large screen with myself sitting there - so there should have been no problem - then they told me that they would turn off the internet connection while the rest of the conference proceeded but I should just wait there at my computer and in two hours I would be on...

So I waited and worked at my computer for 4 hours and never heard from them - finally four hours later I learned that their internet connection got cut off and they could not reach me to tell me - so since they had some of my DanceWriting books there, they presented for me! Ha!

So international Skype presentations can be a little imperfect, if the internet is not always available 24 hours a day in a stable fashion -

I am sure Tunisia will be different - they are so technology oriented I am truly impressed with everything happening with SignWriting in Tunisia -

I will post my PowerPoint Presentation next message if you all want to see it -

Val ;-)

-------