AW: Valerie Sutton will present SW in Tunisia Wed Nov 10, 2010, at 12:00 noon Tunis time

Tue Nov 9 16:57:04 UTC 2010

Me too - smile

Stefan

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: SignWriting List: Read and Write Sign Languages
[mailto:SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACC.EDU] Im Auftrag von Erika Hoffmann
Gesendet: Dienstag, 9. November 2010 17:32
An: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACC.EDU
Betreff: Re: Valerie Sutton will present SW in Tunisia Wed Nov 10, 2010, at
12:00 noon Tunis time

I'd love to see the PowerPoint!

On Tuesday, November 9, 2010, Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org> wrote:
> SignWriting List
> November 9, 2010
>
> Thank you Erika and Stefan, for helping me with this - I will purchase the
software and try to record it, if we are lucky it will happen - of course,
the internet connection and setup with Skype and the Tunisian technicians
are a part of this - but if we are lucky it will be recorded!

> Two weeks ago I was supposed to have presented DanceWriting to a dance
conference in Barbados - the Skype was setup beautifully - I could see their
large screen with myself sitting there - so there should have been no
problem - then they told me that they would turn off the internet connection
while the rest of the conference proceeded but I should just wait there at
my computer and in two hours I would be on...

> So I waited and worked at my computer for 4 hours and never heard from
them - finally four hours later I learned that their internet connection got
cut off and they could not reach me to tell me - so since they had some of
my DanceWriting books there, they presented for me! Ha!

> So international Skype presentations can be a little imperfect, if the
internet is not always available 24 hours a day in a stable fashion -

> I am sure Tunisia will be different - they are so technology oriented I am
truly impressed with everything happening with SignWriting in Tunisia -

> I will post my PowerPoint Presentation next message if you all want to see
it -

> Val ;-)
>
> -------
>

> On Nov 9, 2010, at 7:53 AM, Erika Hoffmann wrote:
>
>> I use this:
>> http://ecamm.com/mac/callrecorder/
>> It would be great to see/hear the presentation!
>> Best,
>> Erika
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 9:47 AM, Valerie Sutton <sutton at signwriting.org>
wrote:
>>> SignWriting List
>>> November 9, 2010
>>>
>>> Hello Stefan, Bill and everyone -
>>>
>>> Thanks for your messages about the presentation... which is on Wednesday
noon for you in Europe and Tunisia ;-)

>>> That is a good idea about recording the presentation on Skype - I
remember you and Erika told me about a way to do that before, but I forgot
the information.

>>> Can you or anyone tell me how to record a presentation on Skype? I don't
know how...

>>> Val ;-)
>>>
>>> --------

California,