SignWriter DOS on Windows Vista 64-bit

Jonathan y Yolaine joyoduncan at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 13 18:16:40 UTC 2010

Hi Steve,
     Thank you for filling me on this information.
     Which of the two programs in your opinion has the most users?
SignWriter DOS or SignWriter Java?  Which created the most documents?
     So if I understand correctly SignWriter DOS still has SSS-95
symbols.and SignWriter Tiger has SSS-99.
Do you know what kind of format SignWriter Tiger is using?  Is it a
binary file too?

Do you know if there is source code for SignWriter DOS?  If it's
available, it would be a lot easier to figure out how to read the binary
file.  What language was that programmed in anyway? C?

So I guess if we were to read the SignWriter DOS files to convert to BSW
or a XML format to be used with other programs, we would need to first
figure out how to read the files and then write a conversion algorithm
from S-95 to ISWA2010.  Going the other way would be counter productive
because SSS-95 is a much more limited symbol set and a lot of symbols in
ISWA 2010 do not have a corresponding symbol in SSS-95.

Jonathan

--

                             _                       ____
  /\                        | |                     (|   \
   /|
   \|

email: duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca <mailto:duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca>
joyoduncan at gmail.com <mailto:joyoduncan at gmail.com>