AW: The graphemes of SignWriting

Thu Oct 7 14:50:20 UTC 2010

  Thanks Stefan,

Great comments.

Recently, I verified that vector based graphics are compatible with
SignPuddle data.  Vectors will be fully implemented next year.

Currently the vector definition are completed for all of the hand shapes
in the ISWA 2010 as part of a book written by Valerie and Adam.  Adam
did a fantastic job blowing up the raster images and fine tuning the
detail.  They should look beautiful.

These definitions need to be converted to standard SVG, minimized, and
rotated.  This should be completed early 2011.

Once these definitions are available, applications will need to be able
to mix vectors and bitmaps using the existing data.  We can slowly
complete the rest of the ISWA 2010 vector definitions based on symbol
frequency.

Regards,
-Steve