NEW SPECIAL FEATURE POSTED ... Beautiful Brazilian Dictionary

Wed Sep 1 17:33:37 UTC 2010

SignWriting List
September 1, 2010

Hello Maureen, and of course Fernando in Brazil!

Thank you, Maureen, for looking at the beautiful new Encyclopedic Dictionary from Brazil - NOVO DEIT-LIBRAS. It is an amazing accomplishment, isn't it? Two very thick volumes. Fernando was kind enough to send me copies for my office here, so I was able to take the photos of the books and prepare the web site:

> NOVO DEIT-LIBRAS
> Brazilian Encyclopedic Dictionary Uses SignWriting
> http://www.signwriting.org/brazil/NovoDeitLibras.html

Of course, the signs are Brazilian (LIBRAS) and so very different than your British signs (BSL)...

And I want you to know that I am working on a report about the success of the SignWriting Workshop in the UK....That is coming tomorrow I hope...I will post it to the SignWriting List, and I am updating your web pages now...

So congratulations to everyone - lots of accomplishments around the world - There is also a textbook from Spain published in 2008, which will also be featured on our web site in a few weeks, and I hope more documents in written BSL too ;-)

Val ;-)